95 Silverado 4wd wont disengage

Hello,
I have a 95 Silverado 2500, everything stock. My 4wd shifter is manual on the floor, none locking hubs. I can engage the 4wd and it works fine. The
problem is that when I shift the floor lever back into 2 high from 4 high the indicator light shows the 4wd as off but the front axles are still engaged. I shift back into 2H with no load on the tran (coasting) If I put the trans into nuetral and shift in and out of 4wd it will disengage at some point.I have no owners manual to consult. Maybe Im not shifting correctly?
Note this is city driving speeds on paved snow covered roads
Thanks
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:04:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca wrote:

You realy should not drive at speed in4x4 becuase there is no differentail between axle to equalize torque as speed. Your are experiancing torque bind that keeps compontes engaged until the torque inbalance is removed. Stopping and backing up 5 to 10 feet should do it it is is in a bind. Though you may have same gear ration in front and rear there will be different rolling radiuses for the axle due to tire deflection under load and turning. The fact that it is binding on you a lot tell me that you are using 4x4 in conditions that tracktion is actually pretty good and allowing the torque bind to be created. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com