4WD wont' engage

When I try to activate the 4WD on my 1997 Blazer by pushing the button, all I hear is a "click" coming from the front dash area and the 2WD indicator light stays on. No 4WD. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Reply to
Joel

it could be that the 4x4 actuator under the battery is shot

Reply to
seeray

Possible solution...on my 91, first there is first the vacuum operated unit under the battery, then lines that go to a vacuum switch located in the transfer case activated by a lever....the switch went south. I'm not familiar with your push button system...sounds like there is a solenoid actuator under the dash

Check that the vacuum lines are all attached and working. Maybe use a hand vac pump to actuate the under the battery diaphragm unit and see if the light goes out

Reply to
ken

Reply to
NetWeasel