96 350 oil filter housing question

I have a 96 silverado I am going to replace the oil filter housing seal in. My question is does the oil cooler lines that screw into the housing have some sort of seal in them also? Is it just a regular o
ring?

They clip in and have a o ring type seal on them. (on the line themselves) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

Actually the o-ring is located in the fitting and not on the line. I have replaced them on a 96 and my 97, both the same way.
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:37:22 -0500, Nuclear Option

I replaced a line on my 2000 K3500 last winter and the new one cam with a ring seal on the new line. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

That o-ring was supposed to go in the fitting that threads into the oil filter adapter.
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:01:03 -0500, Nuclear Option

Not this one. It was a replacement the one inside the receptical it went into on filter housing that line was held into with a spring clip. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com