oil in air filter housing

I went to change the air filter in my 1997 Camry 4 and found some oil in there. Am I right in assuming the PCV valve needs to be replaced?

Reply to
badgolferman

Check to see how much blow-by the motor is producing as well. While a blocked PCV valve or its fittings can produce enough crankcase pressure to force gases up into the aircleaner via the ventilation hose used for WOT crankcase ventilation, a worn motor which is fuming excessively will produce the same symptom.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James