99 Blazer wont blow heat to floor

When I have the selector set to floor heat, the air comes out at the windshield exhaust as if I had the defroster selected. The 4 dashboard vents do work when they are selected, but I can never get discharge to the floor.
Does anyone know where the dashpot is located that directs the air from floor to windshield?

vents
floor.
They are designed to blow on the windshield if they loose vacuum. You have a bad hose somewhere, or the selector switch is bad.
Al
hi Al....is it possible the vaccum is the same for the heater and the 4wd?? I have a 99blazer 4x4..my ex-mechanic left a batch of wires against the manifold and they burned..he didnt repair it..my 4wd went out..4x4 indicator lights (no click either) are dead..also my heat/ac blower is acting like this guys..today I rewired all the burnt wires...they are beside the front passenger wheel ...but no luck....any ideas?
Big Al wrote:

I have no idea where they pull the vacuum for the four wheel drive. In our (Tucson) public library they have vacuum diagrams for almost all American cars. Check yours out. Be sure to check the reference section. You can make copies of the pages you need.
Al
I found the dashpot that routes the air to the floor. The shaft it operates is broken inside the vent assembly. I have no idea how I'm going to get this thing out of the car. Looks like the entire dash would have to come out first. I guess I'm going to have cold feet all winter. Next time, I'll try a foreign SUV instead of the crap Detroit is pushing on us.