99 Blazer seat

Here's an odd one. I opened the door to my Blazer this morning and noticed the seat recliner handle just laying on the floor next to the seat. The shaft was snapped. How hard is this to fix/replace? I don't use it much at all but if I do want to use it I'm gonna have to keep a pair of vise grips handy :)

Thx Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

That happened to my 99 blazer twice, but it was still under warranty and they replaced it. Now that it happened again a couple of months ago I haven't checked to see how hard or expensive to replace, like you vise grips have done the job so far.

RC

Reply to
RC

Reply to
Mike Levy

I replaced the handle on the passenger seat on a 98 (driver's is electric). The new handle is an improved model and wouldn't work so I had to buy and replace the whole mechanism. Can't remember how much it cost. Removed the seat to do it. Not too hard a job. You probly can get a complete mechanism from a wrecker yard.

brody

Reply to
brody

Yeah, I got the mechanism and handle so it had the revised parts. Cost for that was around $60 or $70 from a GM dealer that sells online.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
John Q Public

Cool! That looks like just the ticket! I always try to replace parts that broke with parts that won't break when possible. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Reply to
John Q Public

Thx, already done that. You are responding to all old post. Their product works well, but required a minor modification to an unseen bit of plastic. But, I am happy.

Reply to
Mike Copeland