'99 Silverado/Sierra Service 4WD question

I am now experiencing the much talked about problem. A question for those who self diagnosed the problem.
I pulled out switch and check the connectivity of the connection pins
and the solder joints. Every thing registered okay. For good measure I re-soldered the joints.
With everything back in place, the LEDs come on momenentarily when the key is turned on.
Given the above, my question is this. What is the likeliness that the problem is in the control unit?
Thanks, John
"John E" wrote

What "much talked about" problem? Code 2725?

Yes, that's normal. Does the Service 4x4 light come on?
> Given the above, my question is this. What is the likeliness that the

Depends on what ATC codes are stored.
Ian