access to back of factory stereo, how difficult? 99 Silverado

Just bought a device on internet that will allow me to connect iPod to factory stereo CD changer input. I need to get to the back of the stereo to plug in the cable.
I have a 99 Silverado, that's the new body type, first year of production.
How difficult will this be? Can I reach in from underneath or will I have to remove the stereo?
thanks.
chris
c wrote:

If it's anything like my old-body '99 K3500 (which I expect it will be - similar, not exactly the same), then it means popping the trim off the driver's side of the dash, up to and including the stereo area, then popping the stereo out using the two ez-out latches - one on either side.
JLarsson
and the stereo wont have cd changer input

Adam (zerozero) wrote:

The CD changer doesn't feed into the stereo? Really? How does the sound get to the speakers then?
Where WOULD the CD changer input be? Not an input on the CD changer, but the input on the back of the stereo where the output of the CD changer feeds INTO the stereo, yes? Or is there another place the output from the CD changer goes?
Got me curious.
JLarsson
Well I am guessing the radio has an AUX button the it's a good sighn that it can handle a changer but after taking the front dash trim out and the torx screws and the radio out you Not going RCA plug back there OEM and after market usally goe through the wire harness, I was going to add Sattlite radioto my chevy radio but what I learn from the PIE the maker of after market wire harnesses they told me that sometime GM locked out the changer function out in certian radios not sure if mine was locked out but don't want to do all this work and money to find out it was locked so I am just passing what I learned and heard.

FYI - access wasn't too difficult ... I watched the chevy dealer accessories guy do it.
However, the 99 model stereo apparently gives these ipod devices lots of trouble. 2 different models didn't work for me. I give up.