Alternator

I just installed a new battery (1994 Silverado 4x4,5.7). 900CCA's 100CCA's
Right after I start the truck the needle on the voltage gage goes a little
over 14,after 5 minutes it goes back to 14. It did this since I had it almost 8 years. I had a 700CCA and 800 CCA's.
I noticed yesterday riding,I had the lights,wipers,defroster on high and radio on.I just installed the new\battery.I noticed the amp Gauge after putting all the above electrical items on the voltage gauge dropped to about 12,13 amps.It stayed like this for about 5 minutes then went to 14 amps and stayed there. I stopped and put it in park,revved the engine to about 2000 rpms.I did not see the lights go brighter nor any change in other electrical components that were on.
My alternator tested good. Is this normal.Could it have anything to do with the bigger battery???I doubt it,just curious and not to informed on this matter.
Thanks Again Doug
Not to be a jerk but I think you meant to write that your voltage guage 14 "volts" etc. Idling with all the accessories on and maintaining a 13 to 13.5 volts would be ok. Charging at 14.5 to 15v afterwards would be normal.
With a new battery and clean terminals, you probably won't see the lights dimming as much when you stop revving the engine.
Cheers!
Doug wrote:

I did mean volts not amps from reading the dash gauge,
Thanks for the reply.
Doug