Big Block vs. Small Block

KJ,

The 720 version is 12:1 CR, you need to run race fuel to feed the hungry

1095cfm carb. If you go to the track ALL the "fast guys" run auto's. You just can't out shift one. And if you do want to get into the 600-700+ hp club with a gearbox you'll still be blowing it up. There's a guy in town here that's grenaded 2 T56's. I've got a muncie M-21 in my '73 Z-28, that's fine for now, I like muncies too (got an SM 465 in my K25. But when the car gets repowered, if I wanna be fast, gotta go torque converter. I'm planning for a 525 stroker with a turbo.

Reply to
Demon

How much does one of those beasts cost?

I note it's 30 Hp less and 5 ft/lbs more than the Jaguar 7.3L which is about

450cui. (454 is 7.4L IIRC)

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

GM performance parts isn't listing the ZZ572 anymore....... I don't know why. I'd say it costs alot, but a pittance compared to the Jag motor.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I heard rumors of about $15,000 USD for a 572 from GM. But you can get a Rodeck block and build your own 572. I know a guy in BC that has been running a blown alky 572 Rodeck for about 2 1/2 years now in a mud rail. Puts about 1900 hp down, runs a 200ft mud pit in around 2 sec.

Reply to
Demon

Oh man with hp like that I don't care if it's auto or manual!!!! Holly shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

A quad turboed 350 (one turbo hooked up to every two cylinders) with competiton cams and racing pistons etc etc..., bored .030 over and with titanium alloy cylinder sleeves running off 130 Octane Avgas can put down over 1200Hp. Whats the octane of alky? add nitrous to the avgas and it may well reach a bit higher!

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

This is a quote... sorry for the grey font color.

"I built the chassis 7 years ago for a naturally aspirated small block. The thing is mostly made out of .095 wall thickness DOM tubing. Four Link front and rear, Ford 9" rear with spool and 5:83 gears, Dana 44 front with

3:54 gears, custom built chain drive for the front end, reardisk brakes ( soon to add front disks again......this thing is way too quick now), Ford rack and pinion, Halon fire system, owner built air shifter, Turbo 350 tranny with a ton of good stuff( ya, I know it won't work but it does. My tranny guy is a genius but even he can't believe it works. I have to rebuild it a lot. We should have a Lenco and clutch for 03) Engine... 572 cubic inch all aluminum RODECK, Kuhl 14-71 Hi-Helix Retro blower, Enderle Bird on alky with 990 pump, Mallory magIV, Brodix heads, 11.5 to 1 Aries pistons, Brooks rods, Crower crank, cam, roller lifters, rockers, etc., When this motor was new it dyno tested at 2208 hp with a straight Mooneyham 14-71 @ 60% over. My new Mike Kuhl 14 makes more boost but I have it tamed down to 35% over on a pretty fat tune up. We figure its at about 1800 hp on this tune up. With the aluminum engine and hand built glass Austin Mini body the car weighs about 2200 lbs. 33" Bigger Diggers and shaved 33" Boggers on the front. I'm still babying the tranny so the best we've done is high 2 sec in 180 ft.....3 sec flat on 200 ft pits. Thanks Rusty and the Hairy Kanary, "

Reply to
Demon