Battery question may be dumb but..

My Lucida battery has gone and I realised my 12v leisure batteries I use at my field are the same size... can I use one in my car?

Andrea.

Reply to
Andrea S

I suspect the peak output is less on a leisure battery. Having said that, I have used the one from my boat in a car when I had a knacked alternator and had to carry a spare battery to get to work and back when I ran out of electricity!

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

You can. But. It will do the battery no good at all. Leisure batteries are not designed for the ~100A starting current.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Is it coming back?

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Yay and nay. It will probably work for a bit but it's designed for a different duty: to supply a moderate current and be discharged almost completely before recharging.

A car battery is designed to stay fully charged as much as possible, and to supply a humungous current when required to.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable