Blazer suspension question...Too much bounce and body roll

My wife has a 2001 Chevy Blazer LT with about 75k miles on the engine. My question revolves around the suspension. You tend to feel what I am talking about at highway speeds. If there is a dip in the road, I tend
to get a lot more body roll or sway and I am not sure if this is a characteristic of the Blazer but when hitting a bump in the road...it seems to hit hard and then I feel that there is a little too much bounce. Please excuse me but I usually drive cars and I understand that there will be differences in the ride but I even had someone comment that the ride in their blazer which was a 2000 blazer LT was much tighter.
Can someone comment on the ride characteristics of this SUV and hopefully provide some in put as to how I may improve the ride? I know I will probably never get a car like ride but I was hoping that I would be able to get better road manners.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
If it has 75K and original shocks they are likely due replacement.
wrote:

----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Now that all being said, Do you have any suggestions on the manufacturer and type of shock that would improve the ride?
SnoMan wrote:

I tend to stay awa from that because people have differing ride preferances. Stick with a name brand like Monre or such and get atleast a mid grade shock (1 3/16 or bigger bore and gas filled). ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Jimson5681 wrote:

Now that you mention it, someone complained that my 1999 Blazer LT was 'bouncy'. It has 115K on it. Like the other guys said, probably needs the shocks replaced.