Can an S-10 be used for plowing snow?

I want to purchase an S-10 to plow my midsized driveway. It is too small for a large truck and a snowblower takes 2 hours because I am surrounded by neighbors.
I live in Boston, so my driveway is about 7 feet wide.
Can an S-10 with a 6 foot plow work for me? I plan to plow 6 times a year.
Would another brand of truck be better? No flames please, just researching possibilities. I have always owned GM products.
Thank you.

If that's all you're going to use it for, you should be fine. I wouldn't try to use it to clear commercial parking lots, etc... it can't take that much punishment.
Vito:
I can't see why it wouldn't do that and a good bit more?
A manual transmission might be more desirable than an automatic, because there would be a lot of heat build up.
I have a beat up 85 Ford Ranger, that I torture every winter, and have done so for the past 8 winters. It's survived and begs for more!
Good luck with your plans, and I think the blade will be 6'6".
Refinish King

I have a friend who pulls a 16' tandem axle car trailer with a 72 impala on it every wekend about 100 miles with a 2000 S-10 2 wd. He has had no problems so far and has done it for two summers now. If they will take that kind of abuse I would see no problems in your future of a few snow plowings a year. I would however heed the advice on the manual tranny and also look into some cooling options. Have had cooling issues in the past with full sized pick up and plowing so would expect a smaller truck to heat up also. Good Luck with your plowing adventure. LKN4SNO

You should not have any problem as long as you make sure that if you buy used you have the frame checked out real well. Don't try to plow commercially though.
One thing you may want to do is to add an additional transmission cooler so you won't get too much heat in the tranny.
I had one that I plowed with for myself and a couple of my neighbors (added the additional trans cooler) and I never had a problem.

They make 7 foot blades for full-sized trucks. Hell - I'd think of turning a 7 foot into a 6 foot before I plowed with an S10! I've driven one, I'd rather ride a moped....
GMC Gremlin