chevy console locks

I bought a used '99 silverado and the console key didn't come with it. I haven't had any luck with chevy, or locksmiths. No one seems to have the blank for the key. So far my only options are....use it, don't lock it. Or
bust out the lock and try to find one that fits...I was hoping for just buying a key....anyone have any info or ideas?
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid !3761&chapter=DR1GH99&appSectionid&48&groupid396&subgroupidR422&componentid=0&make=6&model=K%201500%20pickup%20new%20style&year99&graphicID=GH99585&callout=4&catalogid=2
I found my key in the ashtray. Its a 10 cent glove compartment lock so there shouldn't be that much of a problem getting a key from a real locksmith. If it helps you can remove the lock cylinder and take it with you. You don't have to "bust out" the lock. Open the cover and remove the phillips screws to expose the lock - it will have some cheap nut that holds it in. The good news is that the lock isn't part of the latch, so it will still close if you take out the lock cylinder. .

Or