coolant usage

I have a 99 chevy 2500 4x4 with a 454 engine. Lately I have notice every time I check my coolant resevoir is empty I I need to add more. Truck seems to be performing fine. I have heat, is this an early sign of water
pump trouble, radiator leaks or something else? I would like to fix it before it becomes a major issue.
Thanks

The water pump has a weep hole under the input shaft. Look there with a good flash light. If it's leaking it will be wet. On some cars you can just feel under the pump and if your hand comes back wet, it's leaking. Do this with the engine off or the leak will be you:)
Al
could be time for a new rad cap. sometimes they release fine to let hot water out but stick closed and do not let water back in as the thing cools