Driveshaft

I am working on transfering my old truck into a 4x4. My truck is a 82 GMC Sierra Classic 1500. I am transfering the frontend of a 78 jimmy onto the truck and I need to know how I need to fix the rear driveline. The one already on my truck will be too long and the one on the Jimmy is going to be too short. I dont have enough money to go buy a new one and I need to know the best way to solve this problem.

Reply to
megawatts

Shep

Buy a new one. I just bought one for a 3/4 Ton 4x4 shortbox and it was under 300 bucks Canadian. Comes c/w new u-joints.

That is the best way to solve your problem.

- Gordie

Philippians 2:6,7 (NWT) Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in GOD'S FORM, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be EQUAL TO GOD. 7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave's form and came to be in the likeness of men. 8 More than that, when he found himself in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient as far as death, yes, death on a torture stake

GOD'S FORM? What *form* is that? Why would the New World Translation choose these words when Jesus is supposed to be only a god? Why also would the Translation Committee admit that since Jesus was in GOD'S FORM he *could* be considered EQUAL TO JEHOVAH GOD? Shouldn't it say that Jehovah God emptied Jesus and not that Jesus emptied himself?

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

I dont have the money to spare to buy a new driveline. I have heard of driveline extensions. I dont know anything about it and I didnt hear it from a very reliable source. The only other thing i can think of is to see if i can find a junk yard that might have one that fits.

Reply to
megawatts

Lemme get this straight now. You have very little money so you have started a project that will become rather expensive. Now you want to cut corners on the driveshaft and it only costs as much as most winners blow at the bar on a weekend. Have fun.

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Extensions? I thought the shaft was too long. How will extending it help?

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

I was thinking about extending the drive shaft on the jimmy to transfer it over and its not that i dont have the money its just i have other things i need to spend it on instead of something im just going to play around in.

Reply to
megawatts

Ther is no danger at all in using a drive shaft that has been lengthed or one from a bone yard to do this. There is not need at all to buy a new one to be safe and to suggest that you must have a new one is nonsense.

SnoMan

One out of a salvage yard would be good, or just take yours to someone that can cut it and weld the end back in. We did our own and it is still working great with 1,000's of miles on it... we also have a place near here that will cut them and balance them. Check you should have someone near you that can do it for you.

Reply to
69SScamaro

thanks for the advice

Reply to