Transfering a number

Another question if I may. I have a new personalised plate that I want to put on my new (used) car. I have the V750/1 form but I haven't got my V5 through yet.

If I could get the 11 digit reference number from the old V5 can I use this or does the reference number change with every new owner? I'm guessing I gonna have to wait. How long does it typically take for a new V5 to come (purchased from a dealer)?

Just being impatient.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I recently changed cars and traded in the old one, which had my plate on it. 'New' car was used too. Got the dealer to include the new plates, transfer and VED in the deal, and he did it online while I was there to swap the cars over. Or rather didn't quite as the website or his computer crashed. But I drove the new car with my number on it home some 50 miles anyway through lots of cameras. My insurance had been arranged, though. The documents arrived OK a couple of weeks later. My old car got its original number back.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe if I'd had the number at the time I bought the car that would have been possible. Looks like I have to wait for the new V5 now.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+