Engine change; 1985 Chevy K10

I am changing the engine in my K10 PU from a 4.3 liter V6 to a 1986 5.7 liter. What will work on the 350 off the 4.3 and what parts will I need to purchase?
Also, the 350 has TBI with it. Should I use it and change the wiring and ECM or use the Rochester Quadrajet which is on the V6? Another issue is the Distributor; the 350 has an HEI with remote coil, the wiring is different. What do I need to use this distributor?
Retro-fitting the K-10 for TBI is very involved, (in-line fuel pump, high-pressure lines, relays, ECM and harness routing............massive migraine headaches for days)
The frame mounts may have to move (not sure), use a early model HEI with the internal coil and hook it up to ignition circuit using heavy guage wire, MSD carries parts to beef up the GM HEI since it dies after 5500 rpm.
The Quadrabog off the 4.3 will be too small for the 5.7, i would prefer a Carter 625 cfm on a square bore dual -plane instead of dealing with a troubled Q-bog.
I have built a several nice Q-bogs but they require a lot of labor intensive tuning to get it right, Carters allow needle changes w/o removing the top and allow jet changes w/o removing the entire carb.
Rochester's require the carb is removed, flipped over (spilling gas everywhere), and then removing the throttle plate (ripping base and throttle plate gaskets) before the top can be removed because of the method they use to attach the pump linkage.
You can buy (very expensive) a professionally jetted Q-bog for your 5.7 or a 625 Carter (aka Edelbrock performer & pay too much) and a Strip-Kit from Summit Racing for $275.00
The Edelbrock Performer is nothing but a glorified WCFB (will carter four barrel) that they put their name on and pre-jet it for various applications.
I'm sorry i'm getting carried away now............Good luck
--
Mad Dog

"BillG" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Thanks for the info about getting a cheaper edel - always thought they were too much!!
~KJ~

the

liter. What will work on the 350 off the 4.3 and what parts will I need to purchase?

ECM or use the Rochester Quadrajet which is on the V6?

wiring is different. What do I need to use this distributor?

Did you mean to say 1996 5.7 liter?
19*8*6 350's still had coil in cap HEI.....
Jeremy
Maybe, he mentioned a ( remote coil ) which threw me off track. -- Mad Dog

the

5.7
and