Safari won't start when damp weather appears?

Hello everyone, I have a 1993 Safari with 4.3 HO engine. Whenever it gets damp, rainy etc... it won't start. Today I took off the engine cover and noticed that the ignition coil is sparking(arching), so I sprayed it down with wiring drying spray, but it didn't work. The sparking was gone, but it still wouldn't start. I believe I'll need to change the ignition coil and possibly the wires too. Does anyone agree? I would also like to know if I should probably go with a Bosch replacement ignition coil instead of factory ignition coil?

Thanks ....

Zantino

Reply to
zantino

Replace coil and wires would be my first step. Plugs couldn't hurt either.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Same problem with my S-10 Blazer, but mostly when I got crazy and went right on through the biggest puddles I could find.

Living in the wet and wonderful Lower Mainland of BC, it didn't take long to change the distributor and wires.

Make sure you get a set of good quality wires with full length boots, and use lots of silic>Hello everyone, I have a 1993 Safari with 4.3 HO engine. Whenever it gets

Reply to
Binger