Fluid Capacity Allison 1000

Does anyone know the transmission fluid capacity for the Allison 1000 tranny on a 2004 Silverado 2500HD? I couldn't find this info anywhere in the owner's manual or on Chevy's website.
Thanks - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor
Jonathan Race wrote:

Thanks very much. Now I just have to determine if I have the standard deep pan or the optional shallow pan. Any idea? I still can't find anything from either Chevy or GM that has the capacity.
I will say that the total amount of fluid (15 quarts!) did take me somewhat by surprise. I will be changing to synthetic ATF once I hit 15,000 miles in a month or two.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor

Here's a site you might be interested in, lots of Chevy talk.
http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Paul