PTO on Allison 1000

Has anyone managed to find a way to use the PTO on an Allison tranny in a normal (eg with bed attached) truck?

I've seen a few options to run things like a generator from a PTO and thought that would be great for my RV...leave truck on and just plug the camper into the truck even more...instant 120VAC!

Reply to
SpaseKase

Has anyone managed to find a way to use the PTO on an Allison tranny in a normal (eg with bed attached) truck? =A0=A0I've seen a few options to run things like a generator from a PTO and thought that would be great for my RV...leave truck on and just plug the camper into the truck even more...instant 120VAC! =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Can't say I've seen any yet that have a conventional bed on it. The closest thing I've seen yet did not have a conventional bed on it, it had an Utility bed and an air compressor was being run off the PTO.

MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

There is a company that is actaully making a pto generator for the Allison, but I do not have any information on it.

Reply to
jmpulse

go to allisons web site or run a search

Reply to