Gas Pedal

When I shift gear and take my foot of the gas it sicks and I have to hit it harder to get to to go and agian. It happens at stop lights too.
Thanks

Any possibilty of finding out what year, make and engine, trans?????

-
"country05" wrote:

What is the year, make and model?
"" wrote: > When I shift gear and take my foot of the gas it sicks and I > have to hit it > harder to get to to go and agian. It happens at stop lights > too. > > Thanks
Usually due to carbon build up in the throttle body causing the throttle plate to stick. It really should be cleaned out with a brush and cleaner but I usually get mine to work by (when the engine is off) allow the throttle plate to slam shut about 10 times or so. This loosens up the carbon enough that it is not an issue for quite a while, then I have to do it again. Good Luck, RW
"RRW" wrote:

brush
off)
We do not now if it is linkage or throttle bore because I have seen it both ways with linkage being more common.
Check the cable for free movement when disconnected from the carb/throttle body. Bad engine to body ground wires can cause the throttle cable to heat and stick, or the cable frays from wear.