Gear Ratios?

'88 2500(6lug) 350 4spd(I think that's what he said(maybe a 5spd) I don't have it, but a friend might buy it as a parts truck and I was thinking of doing a auto-manual conversion on my
'Burban...
What gear ratios do the manuals of that vintage have? Also, did they have 4spd manuals in '88 or had they gone to all 5spds with the new pick-up bodies?

don't have it, but a friend might buy it

my 'Burban...

have 4spd manuals in '88 or had they

No way to tell without the RPO codes dude. It'll start with GU or GT.
Doc

Don't tell me that! I need SOMETHING to be easy! Well at least tell me if they were 4 and/or 5spd in that vintage?
| > '88 2500(6lug) 350 4spd(I think that's what he said(maybe a 5spd) I | don't have it, but a friend might buy it | > as a parts truck and I was thinking of doing a auto-manual conversion on | my 'Burban... | > | > | > What gear ratios do the manuals of that vintage have? Also, did they | have 4spd manuals in '88 or had they | > gone to all 5spds with the new pick-up bodies? | | No way to tell without the RPO codes dude. It'll start with GU or GT. | | Doc | | | > | > | |
There are gear ratios in the SM465's?
~KJ~

on
they

But is that the ONLY trans that was in the '88s? When Did the Getrag appear?
| | > There are (mutiple and various) gear ratios in the SM465's? | > | > ~KJ~ | |
dunno, but just incase you didn't know the sm465 is a 4spd
~KJ~

That much I knew...But thanx.
| > | | > | > There are (mutiple and various) gear ratios in the SM465's? | > | > | > | > ~KJ~ | > | | > | | > | > | |
Sorry I couldn't help.

here's a link for tranny x-ref...good reference area for trannys http://www.drivetrain.com/transmanualrebuildkit.html#CHEVROLET%20TRUCKS%20&%20VANS

on
they
The Sm465 Bull-low is 6.55:1, thats the only one I remember off the top of my head.

conversion