Brake Controller 2000 Sierra

Hello,

Has anyone put a brake controller in the place where the cassette is on the center console? It would make a sweet spot, I just want it to fit OK.

What makes of contollers are best?

Thanks,

Clint '00 Sierra X-Cab S/Box 5.3 Z71

Reply to
Clint

Tekonsha are probably the most popular: All of theirs are inertia sensing types.

With most you normally need access to the bottom for gain adjustment.

Envoy is a nice little unit. I recommend Prodigy.

You need the GM brake Control wire harness too if you don't already have one.

Check Ebay for some good prices.

Reply to
Dick

There is only one "REAL" brake controller made. See:

it is expensive, but you either want control of you trailer brakes or youdon't.

All others have no direct relationship to what your right foot is doing.

There is a another that works reasonably well:

Lynn

I'll ditto the Prodigy. Easy to install and adjust and works great. I installed it right beside the center console and between the steering column on the slanting area of the lower dash; i.e. right beside my right knee. MR

Reply to
MR