Headlights 2001 silverado

FYI Rarely do I endorse a product I purchased a headlight kit made by Painless wiring from JC Whitney after seeing a post on this newsgroup
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS KIT Item: 491455 HEADLIGHT RELAY KIT Quantity: 1 @ Total Price:$37.99 USD
This is the kit that turns on your dims with the brights Easy to install and well worth the money! I used the supplied connecters and enclosed them in dielectrics grease and 3M scotch wire seal I am totally satisfied with the good quality of the components and especially the drastic improvement in the bright lighting.It is wonderful at improving your peripheral vision I drive a lot of county roads where there are deer and a lot of stupid people on bicycles and joggers with out any reflectors or lights wearing black clothes. (The only thing missing is a Here's your Sign around their neck) The only thing that makes me angry is why didn't GM do this .They dropped the ball bad. another reason they are losing their butt in the market share
Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

A couple of questions... Is this kit for the headlamps that has two bulbs per side or just one bulb?
Either way do you think that there will be too much heat from the bulbs and will melt the lens?
Alan
no I have two separate high/ low bulb compartments I see no reason to be concerned about excess heat I would check out painless web site if you have questions I also found bulbs for the burned out ones in my radio and am awaiting arrival. I will post this if they are correct All the Chevy garages said I could pull the radio and they would send it in. Pulling the radio is pretty easy and getting the circuit board behind the face plate off is a little more difficult. The screws are not or 4 mm That I can tell you. Looking for light bulbs for my door seat switch but cant get any info except a new switch is $35.00 This mentality is why GM will not get any more of my business

When I bought my 93, I bitched about the three piece radio system.
The salesman told me GM did that to reduce the number of radio thefts wide spread in the '80s.
While there is no way that could be true, I believe that thefts of that type of radio were reduced......to none....as I've never heard of one being stolen.
Often...GM is pretty stupid.
skimmer