coolant temp sending unit blazer 1993

where is it? and how do i change it out?

i have no reading on temp and this is supposed to be the problem.

can anyone help ?

Reply to
gmoviv

where is it? and how do i change it out?

i have no reading on temp and this is supposed to be the problem.

can anyone help ?

Reply to
gmoviv

pull wire remove w 5/8" -3/8's drive socket. I usually have the new one handy and when the old one comes out-right in w/ the new one. First (when cool) I would remove the radiator cap then re-install-this will aid in less antifreeze coming out. You can siphon out if you want(gallon or so) I usually don't. Where you buy(I'd recommend GM/AC Delco parts) let them know that it is the sendor for the gauge-not the sensor for the computer. Two totally different things. Location- right(pass)side of engine block, between the front 2 spark plugs.. My recommend-unplug old one and try to plug in new one temporarily, to make sure you got the right one. Good luck snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman

oh yea-make sure you tell the parts dude or dudess-the engine code- vortec w, or tbi z! late jerry @peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman

oh yeah another thing-when you remove the wire and ground out-if this procedure pegs the temp gauge on the dash, then you are on the right trail. Reason being, there are other things that can cause a inop t/ gauge but....your advise is, in my opinion, the most popular issue with these gauges! That, my friend, is my 2 cents worth, on sale today for FREE! snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman

oh yeah-one more thing....hope it is an S-10 Blazer and not a full size or info may not be correct.later jerry @peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the sender for the gauge is on the driver's side of the block right beside the steering shaft down low. The actual ECT that feeds back to the computer is under the throttle body behind the serp tensioner right smack beside the EGR. I just did my ECT and it is almost impossible to do it without removing the belt tensioner. The actual dash gauge sensor should be a piece of cake to swap out though.

I hope this helps? Andrew.

in article snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com, blazerman at snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com wrote on 2/21/07 1:53 PM:

Reply to
AWN

Andrew-you may be correct on your second statement but this gentleman has a 93(hope S-10, didn't say)and unlike your 95 GMC,(which may be on the left side-or 96 may have been the first year for that design but I believe your right but maybe not, I'll check one today). Anyway....I'll update and I'll stand by my previous statements. snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman

BLAZER IS TAHOE LT FULL SIZE. WITH VORTEC ENGINE. SO FAR THIS IS REALLY HELPFUL ASSUMING IT IS CORRECT, I AM HOPING TO GET THIS PIECE PUT IN TODAY. I WAS QUOTED OVER $100 TO HAVE THIS PRO INSTALLED, AM I BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE OR IS THAT PRICE ACCURATE?

Reply to
gmoviv

When you say Tahoe LT again, is it-fifth digit vin# s or t? Probably not and you probably have a 'big' Blazer.Thanks to GM for the confusion-there was a 'big' tahoe LT and an S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT in those years....93, 94ish. Anywho...all my above info pertains to a fifth digit s or t/s-10 or t-10 'mini' Blazer but...if you have a bigger one, I don't specialize in those but they probably follow the same procedure/problems/cures. $100 is slightly high but...GM dealer would be more per hour than your average shop plus if GM origional equipt. used that would make it more also. Plus this job probably wouldn't take an hour but they may have a minimum charge. If your $100 quote becomes $200 and all they do is a sender... well. Lets hope it's $100 and it gets fixed...good snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Reply to
blazerman