Help, 96 suburban remote cd

I have been looking around with no success to see if there is a common cure for the remote cd that came in the 96 Suburbans. Mine has the Delco with AM/FM, Cassette and the remote CD player located at the bottom of the
center of the dash. My CD is intermittent though. Seems to depend on weather and temperature. I want to keep the Delco system for many reasons but am looking for a cure to get the CD up and running. Any answers out there?
Thanks, Bruce