06 to 07 Sonata Radio Remote Success

I bought an 07 Radio remote and installed it in my 06 LX. It works PERFECT. I had to purchase the 07 wiring harness also.I can now change channels while still being able to control the volume and mute. I cut the radio remote plugs off of the old and new wiring harness and spliced the new plug onto the old harness. You can buy an 07 cruise control remote and not have to splice but I am cheap. I bought the remote and harness from

in Korea. Took about two weeks to get them. My Sonata was purchased 11-2005. It is the LX and has the premium 5 cd changer stereo system.

Part #: 96700 3K101 Radio Remote $43 Part #: 56991-3K112 Wiring Harness $20 Free Shipping

These are the wires I spliced. Do this at your OWN risk. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE! Please double check the part #'s, wire colors and make sure they are the correct ones.

New Plug Old Harness

Pink - Green (greenish gray to me, there's a bright green wire that goes to the cruise. get the right one!) Yellow - Gray Red - Pink Blue - Black (2 wires)

Rob

Reply to
Rob

had to purchase the 07 wiring harness also.I can now

the radio remote plugs off of the old and new wiring

control remote and not have to splice but I am

about two weeks to get them. My Sonata was purchased

Please double check the part #'s, wire colors and

to the cruise. get the right one!)

Reply to
Ned Hamilton

It searches for the next channel.

and when in CD mode it

Yes

Yes.

Someone else said you needed the "premium 6 cd changer system" for this upgrade to work.

Reply to
Rob

So if I have a 2007 Sonata with the 4 button remote, do you think I'll be able to install the 6 button remote and it will work with my radio? I guess the car was made before the 2007's change to the better remote.

had to purchase the 07 wiring harness also.I can now

the radio remote plugs off of the old and new wiring

control remote and not have to splice but I am

about two weeks to get them. My Sonata was purchased

Please double check the part #'s, wire colors and

to the cruise. get the right one!)

Reply to
Ned Hamilton

I think if it is the premium system (6cd) it will. Take the air bag off the steering wheel, (2 #30 hex head screws located on each side of wheel) and see if your radio remote has a square plug or a flat plug. If it is flat the new one will plug to it no problem. If it is square you will have to buy the new harness and splice the plug. I do not know that you have to have the premium system, I do and it works for me.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I now hear that it will work with ALL systems, does not have to be the "premium" system.

Reply to
Rob