Q: does 2004 6.0 have EGR???

This group seems to always have the answers.....hopefully to this one as well.

The GM site says the 2005 6000 vortec in trucks does not have and EGR valve.

Did the 2004 models have EGR?

Thanks for you help.

Reply to
97explorer

I don't think the 2004 have the EGR valve. I know that 2003 Avalanche that I worked on today didn't have EGR. They seem to be dropping it, even the 4.3 doesn't have it in 2004.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

How are they keeping chamber temps down? Better cooling?

GMC Greml>

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

I have no idea. It's probably more to do with the fact that they are able to control emissions so much better now that they can drop items and still meet the requirement for this market. I'm sure markets like California still require EGR valves.

On the other hand, air pumps are back on a lot of the newer cars. They use electric air pumps now that just sit behind the fenders. They seem to fail quite frequently, but it's easy to diagnose...sounds like jet engine reving up when you first start the engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I can't remember, are you supposed to gain something by not having an EGR valve? By popular belief? Or would chevy drop it because it can save them some $$

GMC Greml>

Reply to
GMC Gremlin