96 Disco (US) remote "recalibration"

Hi all. Got the door handle ('96 Disco US with alarm, btw thanks for the part number Richard @ Beamends, saved me some $$) and installed it. Now trying to see if the remote provided with the vehicle is correct. I have a new battery in the remote and I remember something in the newsgroup a while back about how to recalibrate or resynchronize the remote to the vehicle. Something along the lines of lock with key, unlock with key, hit a button on the remote four times? I tried to Google the group but my Google attempt wasn't successful. TIA, C R

Reply to
C R

1 starting condition: Ignition off,doors unlocke, bonet switch depressed (but keep bonnet open) 2 Carry out the following instructions within 8 secods 3 Switch ignition ON 4 switch ignition OFF 5 Lock doors 6 Unlock doors 7 Release bonnet switch 8Switch ignition ON 9 Switch ignition OFF

If alarm is correctly set horn will sound You can now program two remotes.

10 press and hold down button on the first handset until dash LED flashes 11 repeat instruction 10 for second handset 12 The LED will extinguish if both handsets have been initialiszed correctly

Hope this helps

Reply to
desavigny