Hi-test gas and hydrofuloric acid

Talked to a truck driver hauling hydrofluoric acid recently and he said their biggest customer was a local refinery who uses it in hi test(93 octane) gasoline. Wonder what that acid does for the gas? Is it a cleaner or
does it provide anti knock performance? Any chemists here?

It appears to be a cataylst to increase the octane in refined fuel.
Nasty stuff.
http://www.stratco.dupont.com/alk/alkylation_02.html
Cheers
Yep, one here, but I've never heard of HF being used in the refining of gas, perhaps it's used a cleaning agent or, like Martin suggested, a cat.
That stuff will disolve glass, eat thru your skin right down to the bone, just the vapors can kill ya, not to mention it being a violent poison
Heh - I'm thinking that if it dissolves skin and bone - the poison factor at that stage will be pretty low. ;)