Re: Revitalising an Acid Battery ?????

I've a fairly new acid battery but its gone flat through non use over a couple months (not through a quick discharge).

It now seems to have a dead (or at least bloody lazy) cell and though it will charge to 12 volts, quickly drops back to 10V, and does not have the guts to realy tutn the engine over quickly.

I seem to remember various addative mythical methods of unclogging a battery cell quite successfully - Does anyone have a good remedy / product that has worked for them?

Clive

Reply to
tby

Unlikely to work. If you've got a trickle charger, try leaving it on charge for a week. But the current only wants to be about 0.25 amp.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I usually find that Bat-aid tablets do the trick.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I've used them quite successfully on a tired battery. However if one cell won't hold charge it may be beyond recovery. Batt-aid helps when the resistance is a bit high generally, which drops the voltage on starting.

Reply to
Richard Porter