Acetic Acid

Someone asked what it smells like.

Vinegar.

Reply to
Veeduber

Anyone who mis-spent his youth -- as I did -- trying to feel up the girls in the darkrooms in photo class would recognize the smell of glacial acetic acid, used as the "stop bath" in black and white printmaking. Think white vinegar.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Funny - these associations. I associate it with the odor of the Whip Scorpion. :) The exist to remind us that their nasty cousins are as ubiquitous.

Reply to
jjs