Lower Ball Joints 1998 Chevy Astro

Trying to replace lower ball joints on 1998 Astro Van hae bought the tool to press them out as well as tryed a sledge hammer still not budging anyone have
any other ideas to remove these Thanks

Generally they need to be pressed out and the new ones pressed in with a hydralic press. If you have the arms off and other means of transportation, some of your local shops like Pep-Boys, etc can do this for you if you take them in.
If you put an axle stand on the top (underside) of the arm and then lower the vehicle it should work. I have done this in a pinch when strapped for tools out of town in the middle of nowhere. Odd why the removal tool isn't working though. Have you used the tool before?? Is it a removal tool or a pickle fork you were hitting it with? The removal tool with a ratchet or breaker should pop it off no problem. Sometimes it helps if you dab some grease on the 'connecting side' of the tool first.
Gpod luck. As I said, in a pinch, with the stand in the right place, the weight of the vehicle will pop the bj off for you.
Andrew.
On 9/19/07 5:27 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@v29g2000prd.googlegroups.com, "azwiley1"

Thanks ended up heating with torch and it slipped rite out once again thanks
azwiley1 wrote:

please see my thread...... on balljoints and timebombs......