My 92 S10 Blazer.

I've had my 1992 S-10 Blazer for a litle over a year, and it's been a great first car for me. But lately for about the past month, it has been running
a little rough, and I tried cleaning out the injector, which made it bearable for a while. I also changed the plugs and wires and distributor and rotor as well. It would idle and run very rough and not accelerate until I would jam on the gas, and it would perk up and be ok. Until one day I was at a stop sign, and I let it idle. It began running really rough, and died out. I haven't been able to get it to turn over, so I'm wondering would this sound like a fuel filter/pcv issue, or something more serious?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Chevyblazerguy wrote:

4.3 engine? If yes pull the EGR and clean it. They are known to get chunks of carbon stuck in the pintle when it breaks off inside the intake manifold. Clean it good. Then get a can of GM top cylinder engine cleaner and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS on the can. One thing to add to those directions is to make absolutely sure that the tailpipe is NOT aimed at anything you don't want covered with black carbon/soot. Also DO NOT run the cleaner through inside a garage or anyplace that smoke cannot get out of rapidly. When you fire that engine up after it is shut down to soak it WILL smoke like a 3 alarm fire for the time it takes to burn all the cleaner and crud away. Once your through running the cleaner through the engine, change the oil and pull the EGR again and install a Kleen Screen style gasket to help in the future.
-
Would a can of Sea Foam do the job too?????
Thanks Doug

Doug wrote:

Not the same job as the top cylinder cleaner. Sea Foam works great as a fuel system cleaner and does a nice job with sticky rings/lifters and such. I keep a case of both here because they work. Unlike some of the other "Miracle" cures out there....
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

LS wrote:

It isn't a cure all. It is a fuel system cleaner that can also be mixed into the engine oil. It is real good at cleaning crud. If your ting is being caused by carbon build up then the top cylinder cleaner MAY clear it up. If it is piston slap or just worn parts only replacing those parts will help.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York