No Break Lights on 1994 Chevy Z 71?

I have no break lights on my 1994 Chevy Z71 4x4. I have checked the bulbs, the fuses and they are fine, I changed the Circuit boards on both the left and right tail lights and still nothing. I have changed the switch that is connected to the Break Peddel and still nothing. It does seem to be in the switch though. The lights will work when you manually push on the switch with a screw driver or such, The plastic switch housing seems to have some play in it, it clips on to the break rod that goes through the fire wall and a metal clip holds it to the break peddle. If I hold the plastic break switch and push on the break peddle, it will work fine and the lights come on... but there seems to be just enough slack that the Plastic Switch housing moves if I am not holding it in place - both the New One and Old one do the same thing. Does anyone know if there is something that holds the Break switch in place better that may have gotten knocked off or something? Please give me all suggestions?

Thanks in advance for ANY Help.

Reply to
jwalkerZ_71

Do you have dash lights? They are on the same circut.

Al

Reply to
Al

Reply to