need help on 99 5.7 timing and p1345

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Odd that super dave hasn't jumped in to defend the Idiot yet. This is getting close to the V10 thread in his stupidity.
Just when ya thought the Idiot couldn't possibly dumb down, he does.
Cuda...thanks for your help. I know it takes time to respond.
I'm going to look into the Auterra biz. I'm not satisfied with that thing at all. Will contact Actron as well.
One thing I will try tonight is running the engine above 1000 rpm. I've been starting the truck from the passenger side and have never pressed the throttle. Maybe it just needs to reset....but probably not.
Will also check the plug as you say...but will have to wait until tomorrow.
skimmer

Auto Enginuity is also a PC based scan tool that I know for a fact will read the cam offset PID. The base program plus enhanced GM coverage will run you about $400 for hardware and software and is probably double what you paid for the Auterra, but it works well and has pretty good bi-directional command capabilities to boot. New basic Tech 2's can be gotten off e-bay for about $2700.00