2001 silverado spark plugs

How the heck can I get the plug wires off they are seized on the plugs. I have tried various pliers to no avail. Do they make a special plug wire tool for this engine?

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Get some heavy leather gloves and remove them when engine is hot and first shut down. Twist them as try to remove them too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

yes you need to twist the boots, which can be hard to do.

Snap-on and others do make a spark plug boot "pliers", which grab the boot at the back end (closest part to the cylinder head) are very helpful. I have one and its about 20 years old now and works very well.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert