Power Steering Pump

I have a 2002 Chevy Z-71 truck that I have steering pump problems. The factory pump pulley shaft broke off in the pump. I put another pump on it, but it was a
bad pump. The next pump broke just like the first pump did. It only pumped for about five min. It was not driven. I had the front end jacked up getting the air out of the system. I cannot find out what is wrong. Any thoughts. Thanks

but it was a bad pump. The next pump broke just like the first pump did. It only pumped for about five min. It was not driven. I had the front end jacked up getting the air out of the system. I cannot find out what is wrong. Any thoughts. Thanks

Donco,
Whatever it is, there is undue strain on the PS pump which is causing the shaft to break. Your belt tensioner is either holding the belt on too tight and causing strain, the PS system has a blockage in it that is causing too much resistance in the pump, OR the pump is not mounted in the correct position (may be off a few degrees)/pulley is warped which is causing an out-of-line condition. Take it to the dealer, it's still under warranty right?
Doc