Putting my Trailblazer in reverse on a hill.

I just got a 2004 trailblazer. Excuse me if this is a silly question.
I was on about a 30-degree hill and stopped, put the car in reverse, took my foot off the brake and before I could it the gas, it started rolling forward.
Put the foot on the brake to test and see if it would happen again. And it did. Would have rolled down the hill in reverse.
I was in 2WD. Is this the reason why? Would it do it in 4WD?
Thanks for the help!

Sure, the forward component of gravitational force on the vehicle is greater than the force developed by the torque converter at idle. Its a fluid coupling so opposite rotation of input and output shafts shouldn't be a surprise.
VLJ

Does it happen if you put it in neutral, push the gas to the floor, wait 5 seconds, and put it in reverse? If not, I wouldn't worry....
~KJ~
sez: