Trailblazer

I am think or buying a new TrailBlazer and I just want to hear some opinions on it, good and bad?

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Dag

Thought about buying one last month, the gas mileage isn't great and consumer reports (aug 03)has them overall near the bottom on midsized SUV's. Trailblazer = 12th Envoy = 11th. Both with a poor reliability rating. Our test drive departing 2 blocks from the dealer, the AC quit, it was 3 in the afternoon, and about 95 outside.

Reply to
MikeG

Reply to
GM Tech

the 5.3? so you can get one with the v8?

Hey GM Tech, the new I4 2800 (?) and the I5 3500 that are going into the new Colorado are based on the 4200. could this mean that the Colorado's engines are not going to be any good? Also, is there any chance of Chevy putting the

5.3 in the Colorado? I am giving that truck a good hard look. but I don't want a lemon, or be a test dummy for new engines.
Reply to
Trey

Check out the edumunds board. This link might work:

and look for the TB/Envoy/Bravada. You might get a more direct response to your question from actual owners and their experiences.

Reply to
DonW

While out looking at the '04 2500HD trucks, I happened to see some of the '03 and '04 Extended Trailblazers on the lot. Sat in one and was surprised at the driver's side room. Not as nice as my Suburban or 2500HD cab space, but not bad for a smaller truck. The extended version seems the way to go to get the 5.3L, third seat to get two more people in and a bit more wheelbase for any kind of towing for something like an 18' or 20' boat. Obviously I did not drive it, but was surprised at the look and feel as it sat there. Three is room enough for some groceries or small cargo in the back with the third seat up, but it is easy to fold down to get a bit more storage room. I heard someone recently saying that their new Tahoe was soooo much nicer to drive than the Trailblazer. Sure, they are heavier, wider, sit higher, etc., but for a smaller truck, the Trailblazer may not be bad.

Reply to
Kevin

Yeah, CR pretty much trashed the TB but they reviewed the extended version which I haven't heard anything good about. I got the "regular sized" LT 4WD and am pretty happy with it (although I'd love more ground clearance - will remedy that next year with some bigger tires and a small body lift). It's got good power & plenty of torque. No problem getting around in the city, easy to park, etc. I've taken it off road a few times and it's done great (aside from the aforementioned poor ground clearance) even with the mini-van tires it comes with. I'd like to see them move the shifter to the steering column to free up space for a better center console with more storage space. I get about 15mpg combined city/hwy. Your mileage may vary.

BigC

Reply to
Big_C