Radio Ramoval

BlankI've got a 2001 Silverado 2500HD and I bought a 10 disk CD changer that is supposed to connect right up to it. My problem is I can't determine how to remove the radio/CD player. Is there a special tool needed for this removal? Also it has anti theft stuff on it. If I disconnect it will it work when I reconnect it?
The trim around the IP just snaps right off, get your fingernails underneath it and pull quickly - it will make loud snaps but no harm will be done, I've snapped mine off/on many times with no problems. You may need to put the trans in Low and tilt the wheel down. The radio has levers on each side, simple press them the slide it out. Couldn't be simpler. If you have the radio antitheft code set and unplug it you will need to enter it later.