Re: 4300 & 5300 03' Chevy V-8's ?

Had a 4.4L 267CI V8 in my 80 camaro - excellent engine!!! It was a very small V8 so it didn't have a whole lot of torque, but did better than the 4.3L V6 in my 96 for the high-end (I think - since I haven't gone
that fast in the Sonoma). I would expect the 4.7 would be similar to the 4.4. The 5.3 would probably have more torque. No substitue for the CI! Elliott
Bob wrote:

I got the 6.0/366ci engine in my '03 Silverado and it's AWESOME.!! Maybe you should look into the 6.0 for your power needs.
So far, I've been impressed with the 5.3 in my 2002 Tahoe.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Any experience out there with either of the newer chevy v8 engines?&nbsp; Looking at either 4.7 or 5.3(?)&nbsp; V8 engines in an extended cab 4x4.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Hi Bob,
I have a 1999 Silverado Z71 4x4 with 50,000 miles. Power is good and I get reasonable mileage (14MPG). I have not had any engine related problems at all. Other than a sticky throttle body that was repaired and later replaced by the dealer under warranty.
I change the oil every 3000 miles (Mobil 1) as I pull a 5500LB boat. Of the 50K miles on my truck, 45K are pulling a boat.