v-8 exhaust

My CJ-7 has a V-8 with a GM TH400 automatic tranny (with quadratrac). I have tried to find a standard crossover pipe for the exhaust but all of the websites with parts say that the crossover is for a 3 speed manual transmission only. I need to silence the beast a little and I cannot locate the proper crossover pipe. Can anyone tell me if I can get the proper crossover? The alternate that I have found is the system by pacesetter that consists of headers and duals. I only want to get that if it silences the beast enough to hear myself think (or my wife talking in the passenger seat)

What do you think?

Thanks.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

Chip did pass the time by typing:

Go hit up a local mom-and-pop muffler shop. They can fab one up.

Headers and duals would help free up some more power but probably not silence anything. Add some glass packs and ... :)

Google for DeadMat or DynaMat. Not cheap, but glue this to the floor above where the pipes run, stick some on the inside of the doors, etc. and you can really make the vehicle a lot more quiet. It's the stuff I used to deaden my ZJ for IASCA competition.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Have Ruben at the muffler shop on the corner make one for you.

Reply to
billy ray

If they can't, Midas definitely can, and will. And they can probably even add a resonator to it to really quiet it down.

Dan

Reply to
Hootowl