03 4runner sport v-8 $40,000 CAN?

Delaer is offering a 03 4runner sport v8 silver with 15000 km for $40,000 (Canadian). Is this a good deal or not?

Also is the mileage on the v8 worth the thrill or should I just get a V6 Sport?

Reply to
Vince DiGiorgio

several tanks now 19~20 mpg (US) V-6 highway

Reply to
Bob H

hmm, seems like in us dollars, new 4runner sports r as follows

2wd sr5 sport, msrp just under 30k us, available for 27,800 4wd sr5 sport msrp 32,255 us, available for 29,800

currently 40k canadian is about 27800 US, which happens to be a price where u can get a new one, so if it were me, I wouldnt do it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I average 19.6 on my v-8. City and Highway driving.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I would have to agree, that is too much. The 4Runner SR5 V8 starts in the $40,000 CDN range (not including taxes, licence etc.). You did not say if that price was out the door ( with taxes) but I think $34,000-35,000 CDN would be a better starting point for a USED truck. Of course once you add the dealer fees and our extremely high CDN taxes, you will be getting close to $40K again. But it never hurts to make a low offer all they can do is say no. Good luck with your truck hunting.

BTW- if you take it for a test drive, roll down the windows and check if it produces a sulfur smell from the exhaust. I have seen a lot of posts stating this problem with the 20003 models.

Reply to
Silentsam

$40,000 plus tax but freight pdi and all that other crap is waived on a demo. Also if you lease and are allowed 24,000 km/year, the residual should be lower becase in four years it will have 4(24,000) plus the original 15,000kms=111,000kkms.? or are you realizing that savings at the beginning of the lease because of the discount?

Thanks for the info everyone you have all been very informative!

Reply to
Vince DiGiorgio

Frieght and the rest is like $1000 Canadian. Not worth the risk, IMO. Plus, in 4-5 weeks when the new models come out, it will instantly depreciate several times that difference.

Oh - 15K on it? Demo by butt. They're either unsure of its history or are yanking you around. Read: ***USED*** 4-Runner. Adjust price accordingly as though it was a year old.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander