Re: Fluctuating temp. gauge

"Snowman" wrote

250, then back down. Today, it did this for the whole trip to work. I'm > going to burb the system tonight the only way I know how. Is there a > certain technique on a Burb, since the coolant system is so large and long > (to the rear of the truck)?

Not really....you just need to leave the rad cap off and let the engine get up to temp. Once the thermostat opens up....it will pretty much self bleed as it's running. If the level of coolant is at the top of the rad when the engine is hot....rev up the engine and see if the coolant goes down while the engine is revved up. If so, idle the engine, top up the coolant as high as it will go...install the rad cap and then rev the engine up. Make sure you have coolant in the overflow and often the engine will suck the coolant that it needs from the overflow into the cooling system. Then make sure you overfill the overflow bottle to insure that the cooling system has a lot of coolant to draw from as the engine cools down.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai