Temp Gauge

'91 Miata STD.

What should the temp be?

My temp gauge needle is getting up to about 1/8th of an inch to the left of center. So if Cold was zero and Hot was 100. My temp gauge would be around

45.
Reply to
Pat

Mine has been in the same spot for nearly 15 years.....dead center. I'd say your's is perfectly normal.

Cissy

90 Crystal White
Reply to
Expmiata

That's right about where mine is, give or take a bit. The main thing that seems to make a difference is when the weather is really hot and I push the engine; the temperature goes up a bit then (used to go up a lot, but after replacing the thermostat and radiator it's calmed down a lot).

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

It indicates 45 for all temperatures that Mazda does not want you to bother the dealer with. Actually, my Link ECU drops the rev limiter to 3000 when the coolant reaches 110 C. That usually happens at 50 C indicated. ;)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen