Re: Recalibrating Speeometer

GC,     I can not confirm the dealer or Chevy's story, but maybe anything can be solved by the application of cubic dollars. I have no experience with this
gadget, but these guys seem to think that they have the answer for you, in a box:
http://www.terf.com/SpeedChangerPage.htm
Seems kinda pricey, but the dealer might be as bad or worse. At least this thing, you can take home, or put it on the next truck, if that is reasonable.
--
Cheers,
Red
GC wrote:

Your dealer is wrong. You might consider a Hypertech programmer. Pricey at $350, but it does a lot more than just recalibrate your speedometer. Look at the web sites, do a google groups search. My son put 18 inch wheels on his 99 Silverado, reprogrammed with the Hypertech and the speedo is now exact, checking it against a GPS. He's still tinkering with the shift points, but his mileage did indeed improve and he does see a performance increase based on ETs at the "race-a-cop" program at the local drag strip (Brainerd International Raceway -- Winston Nationals).
Look here:
http://tinyurl.com/f3hr http://tinyurl.com/f3ii
HMc