I can confirm...

On a damp, greasy, cold road, the Vee doesn't grip as well as an R32 Skyline GTR. Also, said GTRs with some ~350bhp are quicker than the Vee. Conveniently, I was infront though and he couldn't get by, mwahaha :) Then he gave me big thumbs up at the roundabout when he got alongside as I was turning off hehe - turned out he was a guy that my mate works with heh.

Reply to
Iridium

Birds of a feather flock together :-)

Be sure that the man in the GTR recognised your car from the proverbial mile away. As the girlfriend never ceases to confirm: men stay always boys!

I bet the very spacious boot of the Vee was not in your mind anymore.

Tom -very little boy ;-) - De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

loving the vee eh? make sure you don't get caught with all these 'run in's' with nicer motors. my fave run in was with the MR2 turbo and a boxster S both very similar performance. kept with the guy all down a B road and even when we got to the open A road we was neck and neck, neither of us losing the other :)

shortest run in was with a porsche 911 turbo, that was neck and neck on the bends but all over on the straight hehe.

don't tend to do it in the BM, although the BM aint to shabby with a 0-60mph time of 7secs and a nice amount of torque to play with once rolling but it can be caught out easily if in the wrong gear over down the rev range say around 2k rpm. BM could do with a firmer set up and a nice supercharger really :)

Reply to
Vamp

Just watch yourself on these salty, damp roads, I went out for a 5 minute pre-MOT spin earlier. I had accidental wheelspin in 3rd ! :(

Reply to
Tony Bond

Hehe, If it's cold or damp out I can spin wheels in all 6 gears.

I agree though, it's not funny when you're not expecting it.

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

It's not as funny as it sounds is it?

Reply to
Iridium

All sounds about right yea :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Not when you don't want, expect, or need it. Finally having that opportunity to overtake that dozy old git and the TiD* wheelspins in second or third gear is only fun until you realise you're not accelerating all that rapidly. Oh and it's too slow for fourth.

I need a limited slip diff and cold weather tyres then...

*hardly a ball of fire even if it's benchmark acceleration to 62 shows the Passat 2.0 TDI the way home. :-)
Reply to
DervMan

Ha welcome to Saab ownership. My T16S did that in winter too.

Reply to
Elder

That's what you get for buying a Vauxhall with a fancy badge, though.

All the handling skills of a puppy on roller skates.

Aside from the fact that, for standard, non-chipped models, you're wrong

- don't you think this obsession with my choice of car is going a bit far now? - have you thought of getting counselling for your illness?

Reply to
SteveH

don't think he has but then have you?

Reply to
Vamp

What illness does SteveH think I suffer from, IhatePassat-itus?

Or is it his delusion that I'm obsessed with pointing out how foolish he comes across..?

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, it's great. :)

It's a Saab thing; it's what they do. And it's also driver education. My inattention (because that's what it always does!) causes the wheelspin...

Reply to
DervMan

I thought *you* had *him* killfiled? :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I scrapped kill-files months ago - all apart from some of the illiterate retards in the football groups.

Reply to
SteveH

There was a chance for some quality shit-stirrage in the post you just replied to. I don't know whether to be happy or sad that you passed up the opportunity.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Good man :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Me neither, I think I must be getting old. Few more years and I'll be in my mid-thirties, it's depressing :/

Do you want to know the worst thing; I've been driving a diesel for the last few months. And it was French. And I loved it.

I feel so dirty.

*sob*
Reply to
Lordy.UK

lol - you must have a massive KF then!

Reply to
cupra

Perhaps one day you'll grow up.

Mind you, I often find that the kind of people who live for spreadsheets never really do.

How about you drop this childish 'tell him he smells' business and conduct yourself in a manner befitting someone of your age?

Reply to
SteveH