Rear axle seals keep going bad on '02 2500HD

Anyone know of known issues w/ the '02 2500HD 2WD rear axle seals? My Dad is getting ready to have a third seal replaced in 91K miles before the warranty
expires. The first went around 50K miles, the second around 62K miles and now the third! I had one go on my first '02 2500HD inside of 15K miles, but have been fortunate on my current 2500HD 4WD at 41K miles w/ no issues with 'em thus far.
What is required in pulling the 2WD axle? Does the diff have to be opened and a lock ring pulled or do you just remove the bolts from the plate and pull it? This obviously for future knowledge once the warranty expires in a few weeks.
Thanks, Kevin

First thing I would check for is a plugged vent line on diff because they generally have a very long life unless they are overheated realy bad a lot for excessive torque loads. I have had seal not leak on 20 year old axles. Too heavy a lube in realy cold weather can shorten their life too.

It is a full floater (whether it is a 10.5 or 11.5 depending on engine) they still both just pull right out without even jacking vehicle up.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Thanks for reply. I will suggest he ask them to look at the vent tube while in the shop. I know he's going to ask them to go over it with a close inspection, but you know how that can go. I will note though that we have both had good results from the particular dealer it will be going to, so hopefully it is done this time to last a long time.
Happy New Year, Kevin